Pretty Instant Interactive is our social photography technology that allows us to immediately share the photos you take with the people in them. You will work with a photo ambassador who will use an iPad to share the photos. Most events that hire our interactive service have a frame overlay on each photo to promote the event, brand, and sponsors involved. At most Interactive gigs you will be accompanied by a Pretty Instant event manager who will handle communication with the client and if necessary, provide technical support throughout the event. The client may still talk to you directly if there is a photo that they want you to capture.
If you have any questions at the event, please talk to your event manager or contact our Gig Support line directly.
Pretty Instant interactive Booking & Staffing Process
- Clients typically book our interactive service several weeks in advance.
- The rest of the staffing process is identical to the Pretty Instant Expressstaffing process.
CALL TIME & SETUP
- If using Pretty Instant’s camera, familiarize yourself with the camera settings and familiarize yourself with the space you're in.
- Get comfortable with connecting the camera to the Pretty Instant iPad app.
- Turn camera ON/OFF a few times to practice reconnecting to the iPad.
- After connecting to the iPad take a few test shots to get used to the timing of the photo transfer and to get used to the positioning of the overlay frame.
- Rehearse a few scenarios with the ambassador to get comfortable with team chemistry.
DURING THE EVENT
- During an Interactive shoot you can only shoot landscape shots. Almost all events have frame overlays. Try shooting in portrait and you'll see what we're talking about.
- At busy events, please try your best to avoid photobombers in the background of your shots.
- When framing shots, please avoid competitive branding and/or products. eg. If our client is Coca Cola, don't take a photo with a Pepsi logo in the background.
- Always be on the look out for opportunities to capture a moment or engage with groups of people.
- Before engaging with people after a break make sure the app is connected to the camera before taking more photos.
- Be conscious of the big picture of the event and tell the story with your lens.
- When you get the opportunity take some candid shots.
- SMILE & HAVE FUN!
ETIQUETTE & GENERAL POINTERS
- Try not to take pictures of people while they’re eating.
- Don’t take breaks at busy times of the event.
- If working with multiple teams, your Pretty Instant event manager will coordinate breaks to ensure complete coverage of the event.
- Be mindful of how you represent Pretty Instant while working and on breaks.
- Please do not check your phone when on the floor of the event.
- Periodically check in with your Pretty Instant event manager and ask if they have any special requests or particular shots needed.