How do I set a custom domain for my photo gallery?
What is a custom domain?
You can create a custom subdomain for your Pretty Instant photo gallery so that when your guests access your gallery, instead of seeing photos.prettyinstant.com as the website url, they will see something like photos.yourdomain.com; your gallery will look as though it is a part of your regular website.
* Please note that we are unable to integrate your top level domain (ex: www.yourwebsite.com) at this time.
How do I set up my custom domain?
In your domain registrar:
1. Log in to your account on your registrar's website.
2. Go to the area where you can create and manage CNAME records. This may be in a section called DNS Management or Name Server Management. (Note that it's possible that you will have to enable advanced settings to create a CNAME record.)
3. Decide on the CNAME you'd like to use. This can be something like "photos" or "pics" (Your custom domain will look like photos.yourwebsite.com or pics.yourwebsite.com)
4. Delete any existing CNAME entries for the address you want to use with your custom domain, if there are any. If you plan to transfer an existing web address, you may want to copy any content currently at that address elsewhere first, before deleting anything.
5. If your service requires you to select a type of record to enter, select CNAME record.
6. In the field 'host name' or 'alias' field, you'll enter the subdomain that you've selected. For example, if you picked photos.yourwebsite.com as your address, enter photos here. If you chose pics.yourwebsite.com to be your custom domain, enter pics here.
7. In the 'value', 'destination', or 'points to' field, enter clients.shootproof.com.
8. Click 'Save'!
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the subdomain that you chose for your gallery.
2. We will then update your gallery settings so that your subdomain is active.
3. Within 30 minutes to 1 hour your gallery will be accessible at the link that you chose!